Please call or email the nurse's office to report an absence or illness at 914-777-4210 or email@example.com
According to the New York Statewide School Health Services website, parents should follow these guidelines when determining when their children should NOT be in school:
• Persistent fever greater than 100° degrees orally, including a fever that requires administration of medication such as Tylenol or Motrin
• Vomiting or diarrhea
• Significant cough that makes a child feel uncomfortable or disrupts class
• Sore throat that is severe, accompanied by fever or feeling ill
• Red, teary, itchy eyes that distract child from learning
• Discolored nasal discharge, accompanied by facial pain or headache
• Ear pain or drainage from the ear
• Headache, especially with fever
• Any condition you think may be serious or contagious to others
Children should be fever free (without the use of fever reducing medicine), symptom free and feeling well for at least 24 hours before returning to school after illness. To report an absence/illness, please call the school nurse’s office at 777-4210 the morning of the absence. A doctor’s note will be requested for any student who has been absent for 5 consecutive days, upon return to school.
Have a safe, happy and healthy school year!
2nd Grade Physicals Due by October 15th!
Click here for Health appraisal form
For NYS immunization updates click here
For updated information from the Department of Health regarding the flu please click here.